Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2001/10/08 16:20:38 UTC

Re: Can't locate object method "cleanup_for_exec" via package "Apache"

Mike P. Mikhailov wrote:

> Hi list,
>
>    I'm understood that fork'ing from mod_perl is not very good idea,
>    but we have no choice. Because it is up to user to decide to launch
>    job which syncronize data in the two database sources. And this job
>    may take a long time.
>
>    I'm has no expirience before in using fork call, so I'm reading
>    chapter '10.4.3 Forking and Executing Subprocesses from mod_perl'
>    of mod_perl Guide careful.
>
>    I'm understood that I must cleanup soket in child process.
>    In '10.4.3.2 Freeing the Parent Process' written [c&p]: 'Apache::SubProcess
>    comes to help and provides a method cleanup_for_exec() which takes
>    care of closing this file descriptor.' p 365. But I'm does not see
>    such sub in the Apache::Subprocess. And my code generates run time error
>
>         Can't locate object method "cleanup_for_exec" via package "Apache"
>
>    My RH linux with kernel 2.2.14-5.0, Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) mod_perl/1.25
>    mod_perl Guide: Version 1.30 Sep, 2 2001. Apache::SubProcess v0.02.
>
>    Am I miss something ?

Nope, Doug hasn't released an updated Apache::Subprocess yet. Search the
mailing list archive (see http://perl.apache.org/) for
'cleanup_for_exec' and you will get the patch that I've posted for the
current version. Sorry for causing confusion.