Posted to users@felix.apache.org by chihi asma <ch...@yahoo.fr> on 2009/06/23 12:40:00 UTC

OSGi/Zigbee

Hi,

Can anybody tell me if there is any work done about OSGi/Zigbee?
Thanks in advance.

Asma

Re: OSGi/Zigbee

Posted by Francesco Furfari <fr...@isti.cnr.it>.
Hi Asma,
yes we (CNR Italy)  have been working on ZigBee integration in an
European Project.
It consists in a ZigBee Base Driver, a ZigBee Cluster Library and so far
a ZigBee Home Automation Porifile refinement driver.
It is extensible, so third party developers can define custom devices
simply by adding a bundle that registers new cluster factories.

Of course to test the software you need a ZigBee USB dongle, and the
base driver is a real access driver that has some dependencies with the
hardware.
There isn't a standardized API to communicate with ZigBee "NIC", we used
Texas Instrument hardware, but there are many alternatives (e.g. Xbee).
It would be nice if interested people could contribuite to create an
abstract layer to connect the different hardware solution available on
the market.
We plan to release all the code with OS license, we are currently
testing the software with real devices deloped by a spanish partner.
Likely after the summer we will release all the stuff.

regards,
francesco