Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by scotterickson88 <sc...@mailblc.org> on 2013/07/16 16:51:33 UTC

Exception opening XSSFWorkbook

We recently migrated from java 1.6 classic to java 1.6 32 bit IBM iseries
v5r4 to Power i v7r1 and when I try to open a workbook ( I can create one
just fine ) It gives me an error. I traced it down to this:

Thanks in advance,

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Using in a JDK wi
thout an SHA implementation

Full Trace:
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.poi.POIXMLException:
java.lang.reflect.Inv
ocationTargetException??at
org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFFactory.createDocum
entPart(XSSFFactory.java:62)??at
org.apache.poi.POIXMLDocumentPart.read(POIXMLDo
cumentPart.java:403)??at
org.apache.poi.POIXMLDocument.load(POIXMLDocument.java:
155)??at
org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbook.<init>(XSSFWorkbook.java:207
)?Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException??at
sun.reflect.NativeC
onstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)??at
sun.reflect.NativeConstru
ctorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:56)??at
sun.refl
ect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorI
mpl.java:39)??at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:527)
??at
org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFFactory.createDocumentPart(XSSFFactory.ja
va:60)??... 3 more?Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Using in a
JDK wi
thout an SHA implementation??at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.common.QNameHelper.hexs
afe(QNameHelper.java:170)??at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.common.QNameHelper.hexsaf
edir(QNameHelper.java:178)??at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderI
mpl.typeSystemForComponent(SchemaTypeLoaderImpl.java:249)??at
org.apache.xmlbean
s.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl.findDocumentTypeRef(SchemaTypeLoaderImpl.java
:430)??at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.findDocumentType(
SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:129)??at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.autoTyp
eDocument(Locale.java:312)??at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlO
bject(Locale.java:1273)??at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObje
ct(Locale.java:1257)??at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.pa
rse(SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:345)??at
org.openxmlformats.schemas.drawingml.x200
6.main.ThemeDocument$Factory.parse(Unknown Source)??at
org.apache.poi.xssf.model
.ThemesTable.<init>(ThemesTable.java:44)??... 8 more?

Re: Exception opening XSSFWorkbook

Posted by scotterickson88 <sc...@mailblc.org>.
IBM Support is working on it, but they are pretty baffled.

Re: Exception opening XSSFWorkbook

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Tue, 16 Jul 2013, scotterickson88 wrote:
> We recently migrated from java 1.6 classic to java 1.6 32 bit IBM
> iseries v5r4 to Power i v7r1 and when I try to open a workbook ( I can
> create one just fine ) It gives me an error. I traced it down to this:
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Using in a JDK wi
> thout an SHA implementation

Looks like you have a JDK that doesn't have a SHA implementation, as the
error message suggests. Did you try checking the IBM docs for your JVM for
how to add SHA support?

Nick