Posted to commits@cordova.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/03/22 19:49:02 UTC

[Cordova Wiki] Update of "CordovaWebView" by JoeBowser

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Cordova Wiki" for change notification.

The "CordovaWebView" page has been changed by JoeBowser:
http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CordovaWebView

Comment:
Initial Page

New page:
CordovaWebView is an improvement to the Android WebView code that is slated to go into Cordova 1.7.0.  This will allow the following to occur:

 * A webview containing Cordova Enhancements that can be used by Android Developers
 * Automated Testing using Selenium/WebDriver (Custom Web View is required for this to work)
 * Java Unit Testing on Device alongside Mobile-Spec
 * More readable code, and eventual deprecation of the DroidGap class

= Status =

The last prototype is found here:
(Put GitHub Repo Here)

The code in the framework won't be used as is, but the tests will probably be adopted so that we can have a nice feature set to aim towards.  Development of this branch will happen here:
(Put Apache Git Repo Here)

In Cordova 1.5, we added the CordovaInterface and separated DroidGap into CordovaChromeClient, CordovaWebViewClient and LinearLayoutSoftKeyboardDetect.  We still have the DroidGap activity class, however we need to decide where the following needs to go:

* Authentication
* Whitelisting
* Web History (Needs to be enabled and disabled)
* PluginManager (Key to the API)
* Stuff that we are missing (please add to the wiki)