Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Ken Simpson <ks...@larch.mailchannels.com> on 2004/08/28 17:31:03 UTC

Re: APR::Poll support -- first cut

> I was thinking, would it be better to make it an APR::Socket method?
>
> $socket->poll($c->pool, 1_000_000, APR::POLLIN);
>
> looks more intuitive to me. Especially since you've hardcoded the fd type
> to be socket:
>     fd.desc_type = APR_POLL_SOCKET;

That's a really good idea. I'll move it into the APR::Socket interface.
And thanks for the advice on how to make a patch.

Regards,
Ken

Re: APR::Poll support -- first cut

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Ken Simpson wrote:
>>I was thinking, would it be better to make it an APR::Socket method?
>>
>>$socket->poll($c->pool, 1_000_000, APR::POLLIN);
>>
>>looks more intuitive to me. Especially since you've hardcoded the fd type
>>to be socket:
>>    fd.desc_type = APR_POLL_SOCKET;
>
> That's a really good idea. I'll move it into the APR::Socket interface.

Excellent.

> And thanks for the advice on how to make a patch.

There is a utility util/getdiff.pl which knows how to generate a cvs diff
+ diff against new files. The patch I've posted was generated with:

% util/getdiff.pl t/protocol/echo_nonblock.t \
t/protocol/TestProtocol/echo_nonblock.pm xs/APR/Poll/APR__Poll.h > patch

Re: APR::Poll support -- first cut

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.