Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2015/02/10 22:03:57 UTC

UnRTF Makes HTML

I just learned about UnRTF from a Debian security advisory about 0.21.5 (0.21.9 being the latest).

The project is described at <http://www.gnu.org/software/unrtf/unrtf.html>.

There's also a Windows build available at <http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/unrtf.htm>.

This is all GPL stuff, and I avoid looking at code in that case.  However, having the command-line version for comparative testing of conversions is an interesting activity.  Although RTF is not OOXML, there is a relationship to the document model of Microsoft Office Word so some similar issues have had to be dealt with.

 -- Dennis E. Hamilton
    orcmid@apache.org
    dennis.hamilton@acm.org    +1-206-779-9430
    https://keybase.io/orcmid  PGP F96E 89FF D456 628A
    X.509 certs used and requested for signed e-mail

Re: UnRTF Makes HTML

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
> On 10-02-2015, at 16:03, Dennis E. Hamilton <de...@acm.org> wrote:
>
> I just learned about UnRTF from a Debian security advisory about 0.21.5 (0.21.9 being the latest).
>
> The project is described at <http://www.gnu.org/software/unrtf/unrtf.html>.
>
> There's also a Windows build available at <http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/unrtf.htm>.
>
> This is all GPL stuff, and I avoid looking at code in that case.  However, having the command-line version for comparative testing of conversions is an interesting activity.  Although RTF is not OOXML, there is a relationship to the document model of Microsoft Office Word so some similar issues have had to be dealt with.

Interesting; thanks for the link.

Perhaps we need to return, however, to our roadmap ambition. For instance, what kind of plans do we have regarding ODF support? If we think it is time to return to roadmap discussions, let’s start a new thread on that subject and focus, yes?

louis