Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org> on 2021/09/07 17:05:43 UTC

[DISCUSS] Hadoop 3.3.2 release?

Hi all,

It has been almost 3 months since the 3.3.1 release and branch-3.3 has
accumulated quite a few commits (118 atm). In particular, Spark community
recently found an issue which prevents one from using the shaded Hadoop
client together with certain compression codecs such as lz4 and snappy
codec. The details are recorded in HADOOP-17891 and SPARK-36669.

Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone is also interested in a 3.3.2 release.
If there is no objection, I'd like to volunteer myself for the work as well.

Best Regards,
Chao

Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop 3.3.2 release?

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.
Hi, I just created a release branch branch-3.3.2 and updated the version of
branch-3.3 to 3.3.3-SNAPSHOT. Will try to get the RC1 ready soon.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hui Fei <fe...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Chao!

Posted by Xiaoqiao He <he...@apache.org>.
+1, Thanks Chao for bringing this up.

- He Xiaoqiao

Posted by Xiaoqiao He <he...@apache.org>.

Posted by Xiaoqiao He <he...@apache.org>.

Posted by Xiaoqiao He <he...@apache.org>.

Posted by tom lee <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by tom lee <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.
+1,

Posted by Zhihai Xu <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Zhihai Xu <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Zhihai Xu <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Zhihai Xu <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Igor Dvorzhak <id...@google.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.
+1,

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.
+1,

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
Thank you all.

Is there any updates on Apache Hadoop 3.3.2 release preparation?

Thanks,
Dongjoon.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.