Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Surya Subbiah <ss...@real.com> on 2010/11/05 23:20:00 UTC

Axis2 - 1.5.2 client stub talking to webservice running 1.4.1

Hi
I recently upgraded my Axis2 client stubs from 1.4.1 to 1.5.2. Our webserver is running Axis2 1.4.1. I can't change the server-side webservice to run on 1.5.2. My client seems to talk to the server without any issues. But I was curious.

1. Are there any known issues with such a client/server SOAP communication across different Axis versions?
2. Do I have to downgrade my client stubs to 1.4.1? Or is it safe to continue to use 1.5.2 client stubs against 1.4.1 server and wait for the server to catch up?

Please let me know.

Thanks
~Surya

Re: Axis2 - 1.5.2 client stub talking to webservice running 1.4.1

Posted by Srinath Perera <sr...@wso2.com>.
hi Surya,
Both will use SOAP and will agree at the XML level. I do not see any
problems of having different versions for server and stubs.
--Srinath

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 3:50 AM, Surya Subbiah <ss...@real.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I recently upgraded my Axis2 client stubs from 1.4.1 to 1.5.2. Our webserver is running Axis2 1.4.1. I can't change the server-side webservice to run on 1.5.2. My client seems to talk to the server without any issues. But I was curious.
>
> 1. Are there any known issues with such a client/server SOAP communication across different Axis versions?
> 2. Do I have to downgrade my client stubs to 1.4.1? Or is it safe to continue to use 1.5.2 client stubs against 1.4.1 server and wait for the server to catch up?
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thanks
> ~Surya

Srinath Perera, Ph.D.
  Senior Software Architect, WSO2 Inc.
  Visiting Lecturer, University of Moratuwa
  Member, Apache Software Foundation
  Member, Lanka Software Foundation
  Blog: http://srinathsview.blogspot.com/