Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Max Luebbe <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/09 17:47:33 UTC

Question regarding revisions

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to get a list of files in my repo that are not
from the initial import - I want to update a project that is currently
live with all the files that have been changed since we started this
phase of development, without copying over all the originals that have
not changed.

I'm a competant programmer if I need to write a script or something, but
I am looking for the best way to get all the files from a repo that are
R2 or later.

Thanks.

-Max Luebbe

Re: Question regarding revisions

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Oct 9, 2006, at 12:47, Max Luebbe wrote:

> I am looking for a way to get a list of files in my repo that are not
> from the initial import - I want to update a project that is currently
> live with all the files that have been changed since we started this
> phase of development, without copying over all the originals that have
> not changed.
>
> I'm a competant programmer if I need to write a script or
> something, but
> I am looking for the best way to get all the files from a repo that
> are
> R2 or later.

The usual answer on this list to "how do I get just the changed files
out of Subversion?" is to either use rsync to synchronize your
development and production areas, or else make your production area a
Subversion working copy so that you can just "svn up" it.