Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2019/04/11 01:22:56 UTC

[NOTICE] Renumbering branch-1 from 1.5.0 to 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT

I am not anticipating a 1.5.1 release unless we need a patch release for
some reason. After 1.5.0 will be 1.6.0.

If we do need to make a 1.5.1 patch release, we can make a new branch from
rel/1.5.0 named "branch-1.5", but not before this is necessary. Hopefully
this will not be necessary.

Therefore I plan to renumber branch-1 from 1.5.0 to 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT and also
plan to go through JIRA and retarget any fixVersion of 1.5.1 to 1.6.0.

Any concerns, please let me know.

If no concerns, I will do this tomorrow.

Also, please be advised voting is still open on 1.5.0RC3, please go to the
vote thread on dev@ if you can spare some time to vote on it, thank you.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [NOTICE] Renumbering branch-1 from 1.5.0 to 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
No need to renumber as it turns out because the fourth 1.5.0 RC was just vetoed. I sent another email about the resulting pause on release attempts.

Please disregard this thread.

Posted by Misty Linville <mi...@apache.org>.
+1 on renumbering.