Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org> on 2015/03/10 11:49:12 UTC

[DISCUSS] Add method for each Akka message

Hey all,

I currently find it a little bit frustrating to navigate between different task manager operations like cancel or submit task. Some of these operations are directly done in the event loop (e.g. cancelling), whereas others forward the msg to a method (e.g. submitting).

For me, navigating to methods is way easier than manually scanning the event loop.

Therefore, I would prefer to forward all messages to a corresponding method. Can I get some opinions on this? Would someone be opposed? [Or is there a way in IntelliJ to do this navigation more efficiently? I couldn't find anything.]

– Ufuk

Re: [DISCUSS] Add method for each Akka message

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the idea too. Should make it easier to trace/ debug.

- Henry

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.