Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Archana Dhar <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/31 22:47:36 UTC

Re: Opensource Mobile SVGViewer

Hi,

Open SVG Viewer is a good source to start from. You might want to use a lighter XML parser like kXML if you want a viewer for mobile devices, instead of the Crimson parser used for the SVG Open Viewer.

Swing controls will not be supported in J2ME, as far as I know.

Archana Dhar

From: Tobias Dahinden <da...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
To: batik-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Opensource Mobile SVGViewer

In fact: I have one.

(See e.g. http://www.svgopen.com/2004/papers/svg04viewer/ and
http://www.ika.ethz.ch/td/gps/ika_viewer.html ).
The license is a lesser GPL, but we may change it to another license.
Unfortunately I don't have time to make further developements now. So if
you are interested, we could make something like a batik-tiny viewer.

Regards
Tobias Dahinden

--
Tobias Dahinden
Insitut f�r Kartographie

Posted by Tobias Dahinden <da...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>.
Hallo Archana

You should make a difference between "Open SVG Viewer" and
"IKA-SVG-Viewer". A version of the source of "IKA-SVG-Viewer" is
available at ftp://ftp.karto.ethz.ch/pub/td/ File: IKA-SVG-Viewer.tar.gz
(current version) or File: ika_view_src.tar.gz (older version).

We used the nanoXML parser http://nanoxml.sourceforge.net/orig/ for the
"IKA-SVG-Viewer". The GUI is all AWT and our own LwUI (rather small).

We have problems rendering the transform attribute, we have no animation
and interaction (except GUI interaction) until now. Unfortunately I
don't have time to improve the viewer now. Even some important comments
are missing sometimes.

Regards
Tobias