Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/11/21 03:37:46 UTC

Re: Early review of DUCC pre-release - uima-ducc-spawn

The uima-ducc-spawn project is not being "built" because it's not listed in the
<modules> section.

I realize the build would only be to put out the POM (because it's meant to be
just a place for some c-code and a make file- to be built as part of an
"install" process, I'm guessing, on the target machine.

But this means that the normal tools that import ducc into Eclipse, miss this
project.

I imported it by hand, and noticed it's missing some svn ignore things (for
.project, .settings - because I imported it into eclipse ;-) ) and also has a
file which should be deleted (.jazzignore).

I noticed that the ducc_ling.c program has an version numbering system that is
different than the rest of the ducc project - is this intended?  If so, is there
a way to "tie" that version with the rest of the ducc version?

-Marshall

Re: Early review of DUCC pre-release - uima-ducc-spawn

Posted by Jim Challenger <ch...@gmail.com>.
The ducc_ling version is specific to ducc_ling and should not generally be forced to sync with DUCC itself.  I modify this for every single ducc_ling change, to allow me to track precisely what is running.  The scripting uses this to insure that each node has a correctly installed ducc_ling before it starts DUCC processes on the node. It wouldn't be practical or useful to force it to track the DUCC version.

I did sync the version up to 1.0.0 earlier, for first release, but as it moves along the minor version will continue to increment as changes to it occur, not synchronized with DUCC itself.

Since you mention it, I do the same thing with a "version" in the RM, to help me track minor level changes that are not related to the DUCC release level.

Jim