Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sailaja Mada <sa...@citrix.com> on 2013/04/01 12:43:03 UTC

RE: [ACS41] Ubuntu upgrade process from 4.0.X to 4.1

Hi,

I tried to upgrade 4.0 Ubuntu Management server to 4.1 with below instructions :

Procedure 1:

1.  Add/Modify the line "deb http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/ubuntu precise 4.1 " in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cloudstack.list
2.  apt-get update

Observation: It failed with GPG Error.

Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu precise Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY BBFCFE5386C278E3

I tried to key KEYS from http://www.apache.org/dist/dev/incubator/cloudstack/KEYS   as mentioned @ http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.1-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/sect-source-verify.html  .
But I am getting 404 error as KEYS are not available at this location.

Procedure 2:

1. Tried to create APT Repo with packages that are built @ http://jenkins.cloudstack.org/job/package-deb-4.1/ and tried apt-get update .  But there are no packages got upgraded.  Filed the JIRA ticket for this issue couple of days back @  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1848

Thanks,
Sailaja.M

Posted by prasanna <sr...@gmail.com>.
The keys are found here : http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/cloudstack/KEYS

--
Prasanna.,

RE: [ACS41] Ubuntu upgrade process from 4.0.X to 4.1

Posted by Sailaja Mada <sa...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

Retried with latest packages and with change in steps . Now 4.1 deb packages got installed.

1 wget http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/cloudstack/KEYS
2) gpg --import KEYS
3)  apt-get install cloudstack*

But it  failed  while connecting to DB and upgrade is not initiated .

Thanks,
Sailaja.M

On 04/01/2013 12:43 PM, Sailaja Mada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to upgrade 4.0 Ubuntu Management server to 4.1 with below instructions :
>
> Procedure 1:
>
> 1.  Add/Modify the line "deb http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/ubuntu
> precise 4.1 " in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cloudstack.list
> 2.  apt-get update
>
> Observation: It failed with GPG Error.
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> W: GPG error: http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu precise Release: The
> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
> not available: NO_PUBKEY BBFCFE5386C278E3
>
> I tried to key KEYS from http://www.apache.org/dist/dev/incubator/cloudstack/KEYS   as mentioned @ http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.1-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/sect-source-verify.html  .
> But I am getting 404 error as KEYS are not available at this location.

The key is available here: http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/release.asc

wget -O - http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/release.asc|sudo apt-key add -

It's not an official Apache mirror, so it's not using any Apache keys.

> Procedure 2:
>
> 1. Tried to create APT Repo with packages that are built @
> http://jenkins.cloudstack.org/job/package-deb-4.1/ and tried apt-get
> update .  But there are no packages got upgraded.  Filed the JIRA
> ticket for this issue couple of days back @

Please read the Wiki again, since the packages have been renamed you need to "apt-get install" the new packages.

apt-get update only retrieves the new package lists from the server.

Wido

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.