Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Modanese, Riccardo" <Ri...@eurotech.com.INVALID> on 2020/04/02 11:44:00 UTC

ActiveMQ persistence behavior

Hi, I have a question about how the ActiveMQ persistence works.

From what I read time ago (but I’m not able to find the documentation again) the messages are persisted only if the QoS > 0 and clean session = false.

So if i send a lot of messages with QoS=0 after few messages with QoS=1 (with clean session false) only the messages with QoS=1 are persisted?

|         |  clean session   |
| QoS |   true   |   false   |
|    0   |     n     |      n      |
|    1   |     n     |      Y      |
|    2   |     n     |      Y      |

Does the Virtual topic enabled change something in the behavior?

Thanks!

Riccardo