Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2013/11/12 12:13:36 UTC

Re: Advice about getting started?

Hi,

sorry for answering that late ...

> Steve <ti...@gmail.com> hat am 31. Oktober 2013 um 21:15 geschrieben:
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm a Java programmer what would like to capture acroform XPDF data on the
> server side.
>
> I've noticed that the FAQ & "cookbook" on the Apache PDFBox site are slim
> and there isn't much in the way of tutorials on Google, at least not with
> the search strings I tried.
Patches are welcome ;-)

> I could use a little more instruction than what I can get from the API docs.
>
> Does anyone have any advice on getting started with PDFBox and figuring it
> out in a timely way?
Maybe our examples [1] are a good starting point

>  I would like to sell my boss on Java versus .Net for a new probject by
> showing her a small example of server side Java recieving PDF form data and
> putting it in a DB.
Should work.

> Thanks
>
> Steve

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pdfbox/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/

Re: Advice about getting started?

Posted by Steve <ti...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 6:13 AM, Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for answering that late ...

> Maybe our examples [1] are a good starting point

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pdfbox/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/

Hi Andrea,

Due to not being able to find any documentation my boss has decided to go
another route for the time being.   I do want to thank you for the link to
the examples as I think I might be able to use PDFBox in the future and
your link will be invaluable for getting a start with the library.

Steve