Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Paul Wilson <pa...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/06 12:59:11 UTC

Modelling Editorial Stages in Oak

Hi,

I'm looking at Oak to support some content management and publication
requirements I have. Specifically, I'd like a member of the Editorial Team
to be able to stage a set of versions for review before "promoting"
(possibly triggered by some privileged user) these changes formally to some
publication location (e.g. the live site). What I feel I want is JCR's
concept of an Activity, where changes are grouped and managed under an
Activity node before being merged into another Workspace.

Clearly this requires the concepts of activities (including multiple
workspace support) from the JCR Specification; neither of which or
currently supported in Oak.

My questions are around this point; I feel like this is a fairly natural
requirement to have in this space. If so, are people working around the
lack of activity / multi-workspace support in some way perhaps by modelling
the problem differently? Has there been a conscious decision within the Oak
development community not to implement activities? Is activity support
something that is considered in the future?

Any clarity on the question of activities would be very helpful!

Best Regards,
Paul