Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Aleksandar Vidakovic <ch...@monkeysintown.com> on 2022/02/15 19:05:39 UTC

Re: Fineract 1.6.0 release branch

Hi everyone,

As previously announced, I've just created the release branch for our
upcoming 1.6.0 release.

You can continue working and merging PRs to the develop branch for future
releases, as always.

The DRAFT release notes are on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/1.6.0+-+Apache+Fineract.
Does anyone see anything missing?

Does anyone have any last minute changes they would like to see
cherry-picked to branch 1.6.0, or are we good to go and actually cut the
release based on this branch as it is? I will also clean up the Jira
tickets, meaning anything non vital will be pushed to a later date.

I'll initiate the final stage of actually creating the release at the
latest next Monday, February 21.

Cheers,

Aleks

Re: Fineract 1.6.0 release branch

Posted by Aleksandar Vidakovic <ch...@monkeysintown.com>.
Hi everyone,

... just a bit of an update... included 2 last minute picks in the release
branch:

   - WAR files are now included again in the binary release distribution
   (we temporarily excluded b/c of a circular dependency issue), and the
   fineract-client JAR was newly added
   - major frameworks (Spring/Boot, Gradle, JUnit) have been updated to
   latest patch versions (no major changes)

I have one outstanding PR that would be nice to have (easier SSL
configuration), but have to fix some Gradle Cargo plugin related issues
(Spring Boot standalone app is not affected by this); not a show stopper
for Monday.

I did a dry run for Monday's release, things look OK so far.

Just FYI.

Cheers,

Aleks

P.S.: Still need to clean up remaining Jira tickets and release wiki page.