Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org> on 2002/11/25 23:55:39 UTC

[VOTE] CVS organization (was Re: 2.1 Fallout; httpd v.s. httpd-2.0)

Come on guys; why does something as simple as this have to turn so
controversial.

Here's a proposal that I hope will make everyone happy:

1) we symlink httpd to httpd-2.0.
2) we announce that in 30 days we will have a flag day where all
    checkouts must start referencing "httpd" directly.
3) on the flag day, we remove the symlink, make an exact duplicate of
    "httpd-2.0" and name it "httpd", and then remove write access to
    the old httpd-2.0 repository (keeping it open for readonly).

Vote please:

[  ] +1 and I'll help with this.
[  ] +0 sounds good, sorry I can't help.
[  ] -0 sounds bad, but I can't help.
[  ] -1 sounds terrible, here's why ________ and here's my alternative

-aaron