Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2022/09/13 17:09:05 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 10.1.0-M19

The proposed Apache Tomcat 10.1.0-M19 release is now available for
voting.

Applications that run on Tomcat 9 and earlier will not run on Tomcat 10
without changes. Java EE applications designed for Tomcat 9 and earlier
may be placed in the $CATALINA_BASE/webapps-javaee directory and Tomcat
will automatically convert them to Jakarta EE and copy them to the
webapps directory.

The notable changes compared to 10.1.0-M17 are:

- Add support for authenticating WebSocket clients with an HTTP forward
   proxy when establishing a connection to a WebSocket endpoint via a
   forward proxy that requires authentication. Based on a patch provided
   by Joe Mokos.

- Various fixes for edge case bugs in EL processing

- Improve host header handling for HTTP/2 requests

For full details, see the change log:
https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-10.1.x/docs/changelog.html

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-10/v10.1.0-M19/

The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1389

The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/10.1.0-M19
ff0b6c231b7a1a416688346fdd299a3d6cfb5b64

The proposed 10.1.0-M19 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Beta - go ahead and release as 10.1.0-M19 (beta)

[VOTE][CANCELLED] Release Apache Tomcat 10.1.0-M19

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Vote cancelled due to regression in migration tool for Jakarta EE.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 10.1.0-M19

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 7:09 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 10.1.0-M19 release is now available for
> voting.
>
> Applications that run on Tomcat 9 and earlier will not run on Tomcat 10
> without changes. Java EE applications designed for Tomcat 9 and earlier
> may be placed in the $CATALINA_BASE/webapps-javaee directory and Tomcat
> will automatically convert them to Jakarta EE and copy them to the
> webapps directory.
>
> The notable changes compared to 10.1.0-M17 are:
>
> - Add support for authenticating WebSocket clients with an HTTP forward
>    proxy when establishing a connection to a WebSocket endpoint via a
>    forward proxy that requires authentication. Based on a patch provided
>    by Joe Mokos.
>
> - Various fixes for edge case bugs in EL processing
>
> - Improve host header handling for HTTP/2 requests
>
> For full details, see the change log:
> https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-10.1.x/docs/changelog.html
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-10/v10.1.0-M19/
>
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1389
>
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/10.1.0-M19
> ff0b6c231b7a1a416688346fdd299a3d6cfb5b64
>

> The proposed 10.1.0-M19 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Beta - go ahead and release as 10.1.0-M19 (beta)

About the 9.0 release, I will only do it tomorrow afternoon (or
night), bad internet access right now.

Rémy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 10.1.0-M19

Posted by Han Li <li...@apache.org>.

> 2022年9月14日 01:09,Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> 写道:
>
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 10.1.0-M19 release is now available for
> voting.
>
> Applications that run on Tomcat 9 and earlier will not run on Tomcat 10 without changes. Java EE applications designed for Tomcat 9 and earlier may be placed in the $CATALINA_BASE/webapps-javaee directory and Tomcat will automatically convert them to Jakarta EE and copy them to the webapps directory.
>
> The notable changes compared to 10.1.0-M17 are:
>
> - Add support for authenticating WebSocket clients with an HTTP forward
>  proxy when establishing a connection to a WebSocket endpoint via a
>  forward proxy that requires authentication. Based on a patch provided
>  by Joe Mokos.
>
> - Various fixes for edge case bugs in EL processing
>
> - Improve host header handling for HTTP/2 requests
>
> For full details, see the change log:
> https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-10.1.x/docs/changelog.html
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-10/v10.1.0-M19/
>
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1389
>
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/10.1.0-M19
> ff0b6c231b7a1a416688346fdd299a3d6cfb5b64
>

> The proposed 10.1.0-M19 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ X] Beta - go ahead and release as 10.1.0-M19 (beta)

Unit tests pass with Tomcat Native 2.0.1 and OpenSSL 3.0.5 on macOS 12.3.1.

Han

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 10.1.0-M19

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 13/09/2022 18:09, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 10.1.0-M19 release is now available for
> voting.
>
> Applications that run on Tomcat 9 and earlier will not run on Tomcat 10
> without changes. Java EE applications designed for Tomcat 9 and earlier
> may be placed in the $CATALINA_BASE/webapps-javaee directory and Tomcat
> will automatically convert them to Jakarta EE and copy them to the
> webapps directory.
>
> The notable changes compared to 10.1.0-M17 are:
>
> - Add support for authenticating WebSocket clients with an HTTP forward
>    proxy when establishing a connection to a WebSocket endpoint via a
>    forward proxy that requires authentication. Based on a patch provided
>    by Joe Mokos.
>
> - Various fixes for edge case bugs in EL processing
>
> - Improve host header handling for HTTP/2 requests
>
> For full details, see the change log:
> https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-10.1.x/docs/changelog.html
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-10/v10.1.0-M19/
>
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1389
>
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/10.1.0-M19
> ff0b6c231b7a1a416688346fdd299a3d6cfb5b64
>

> The proposed 10.1.0-M19 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Beta - go ahead and release as 10.1.0-M19 (beta)

Unit tests pass on Windows, Linux and MacOS.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 10.1.0-M19

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 13/09/2022 19:09, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 13/09/2022 18:51, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> вт, 13 сент. 2022 г. в 20:09, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
>>>
>>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 10.1.0-M19 release is now available for
>>> voting.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> It can be obtained from:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-10/v10.1.0-M19/
>>
>> *.asc files are missing at dist.a.o
>> They were missing for 10.1.0-M18 release candidate as well.
>
> Thanks for catching this.
>
> I think I know what is going on but I need to test my theory. I'll get
> the signatures generated shortly. If my theory is correct, this will be
> a good opportunity to test the repeatability of the build.

I guessed wrong. The issue was I wasn't defining gpg.exec.

The good news is that I did a complete rebuild with gpg.exec defined and
the repeatability of the build meant I could copy the new build over the
svn checkout of dist and since the files were identical it just added
the asc files.

I should have fixed this for future releases.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 10.1.0-M19

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.