Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Christof Soehngen <Ch...@SYRACOM.DE> on 2004/03/30 14:45:30 UTC

Best way to include parts of the security header in a signature/encryption?

Hello everybody!

I have the following security handler in mind:

- Take input SOAP message
- Add Security header
- Add Nonce
- Add UserInformation (more than a token, but nothing special, only a collection of string-elements)
- Sign Body, Nonce and Userinformation
- Encrypt Body, Nonce, UserInformation and Signature

Problem is the signature/encryption point: One possibility would be to include 3 or 4 references, but this is terribly slow (as far as i've seen, maybe this has to to with a bug I mentioned in my last post).

The other alternative would be a transformation, that filters all other elements.
Has anyone experiences how complex implementing such a transformation is?
Or are there any better ways to reach the goal?

Thanks,
Christof