Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jennyw <je...@dangerousideas.com> on 2006/06/15 08:25:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Weird CSS MIME type issue in Apache on RHEL

Hi, everyone! I've run into some really bizarre behavior w/ Apache
2.0.46 on RHEL 4. The short story is that I can't get css files to load
with the correct MIME type (instead of text/css, they load with
text/plain). The long story ...

Last week, one of our Web sites suddenly stopped displaying properly in
Firefox and Mozilla -- it looked like it wasn't loading CSS.  If you do
a shift-reload, though, the pages come up correctly.

I took a look at the headers and noticed that the CSS files are
initially loading with a wrong Content-Type header:

when we do a shift-reload, we get:

I did a search and came across this article:

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Incorrect_MIME_Type_for_CSS_Files

which says to add

> AddType text/css .css

to .htaccess. This didn't fix the problem, though, and neither did
adding it in httpd.conf and restarting the server.

Any ideas what I could do to get this to appear as text/css?

Thanks!

Jen