Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/20 06:24:17 UTC

[Axis2] RPC Stuff and ADB in codegen?

RPC stuff and ADB (Axis Databinding) are currently in codegen
module....Are they joined in the hip to the rest of the code in that
module? Can one use ADB w/o doing any codegen? Same question for RPC
stuff as well. Is it worth the trouble of moving them out into a
separate module?

thanks,
dims

Re: [Axis2] RPC Stuff and ADB in codegen?

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hey I'm +1 on this. Makes things comprehensive.
But would it make too many modules ?

On 10/20/05, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> RPC stuff and ADB (Axis Databinding) are currently in codegen
> module....Are they joined in the hip to the rest of the code in that
> module? Can one use ADB w/o doing any codegen? Same question for RPC
> stuff as well. Is it worth the trouble of moving them out into a
> separate module?
>
> thanks,
> dims

Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] RPC Stuff and ADB in codegen?

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 10:50 +0600, Eran Chinthaka wrote:

> In this way, the runtime will only have the minimum required stuff with
> it. So we can have a runtime.jar and another jar to have some other
> stuff like code gen.

+1 for separating runtime from tooling/codegen time stuff.

Sanjiva.

Re: [Axis2] RPC Stuff and ADB in codegen?

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Ok, this is what I think.

Its better to split codegen module in to two. One module contain the
stuff that are required in the runtime of the engine. For example,
RPCCall, ADBPullParser (need to change the name). And the other module
will contain the stuff that are not required in the engine runtime like
real codegen stuff.

In this way, the runtime will only have the minimum required stuff with
it. So we can have a runtime.jar and another jar to have some other
stuff like code gen.

I think the effort is worth enough, despite the fact that we gonna have
one more module as Ajith mentioned. We anyway have some number of
modules and one reason to have those modules is to have separate
functionality that can be used with minimum dependence.

What do you all think ?

Chinthaka