Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jay <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/07 09:14:00 UTC

auto creation of a new user account

HI:
  i hav an application in which  user can create his account. i want to
create the user account automatically in lenya 1.2.4 whenever a user creates
his account in my application. any idea please or just tell me which files i
should change in lenya.

Re: auto creation of a new user account

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 8/7/06, Jay <ja...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>   i hav an application in which  user can create his account. i want to
> create the user account automatically in lenya 1.2.4 whenever a user creates
> his account in my application. any idea please or just tell me which files i
> should change in lenya.

This belongs on the Lenya User ML.  It has no relevance to the
development of Lenya.

Some possibilities:
1. Directly create the .IML file for the person.  This is probably
very bad, and may have issues with Lenya noticing the new user.

2. Create an org.apache.lenya.ac.file.FileUser.  See the code in
user-admin.js for how to use the UserManager.

3. Use HTTP to POST the information as if using the web form.

solprovider