Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Tony Yeung <ye...@shoalter.com> on 2023/02/21 07:30:51 UTC

Hive config not follow hive-site.xml

Hi all,

I am running Hive Server2 & Hive Metastore in the same machine.
hive-site.xml is updated to enable Hive Metastore & Hive Server2 metric

However, in Hiveserver2 Web conf, the final value is not updated
<property>

<name>hive.metastore.metrics.enabled</name>

<value>true</value>

<final>false</final>

<source>file:/hive/conf/hive-site.xml</source>

</property>

<property>

<name>hive.server2.metrics.enabled</name>

<value>true</value>

<final>false</final>

<source>file:/hive/conf/hive-site.xml</source>

</property>

Wondering if there is anything wrong

Re: Hive config not follow hive-site.xml

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@apache.org>.
Hello Tony,

From that output, it appears that you have successfully enabled both sets
of metrics, as shown by <value>true</value>.

If you are concerned about the presence of <final>false</final>, don't
worry about that. This does not alter the configured value, which is true.
The <final> tag is a Hadoop configuration capability that allows an
administrator to restrict overrides of a setting. By setting
<final>true</final> for a property, the administrator prevents users from
overriding it. This feature is really only relevant for user-controllable
settings, like job submission properties. These metrics properties are only
relevant to the Hive daemons, so they aren't overridable by users
regardless of the <final> setting.

I hope this helps.

Chris Nauroth