Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net> on 2015/03/16 16:07:00 UTC

cannot add hosts to an HDP 2.1.2.1 cluster

I have an existing cluster running HDP 2.1.2.1 When I tried to add hosts to that cluster, the
install fails:

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: HDP-2.1. Please verify its path and try again

It’s attempting to download the repo from

   http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/2.x/updates/2.1.2.1/hdp.repo

There is a repo available for 2.1.2.0. Was the repo for 2.1.2.1 intentionally removed?
What is the cleanest way to fix this?

Brian

Re: cannot add hosts to an HDP 2.1.2.1 cluster

Posted by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net>.
I took a look at the API, but it wasn’t very clear how to use it to make the change.
So I went into the Postgres database and found the table containing the repo info
and updated the table. Seems to have worked.

Brian

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Brian,

Posted by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net>.

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Brian,

I've sent you a response directly to you as this is vendor specific.

Yusaku