Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris W <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/10 22:50:37 UTC

Solr Admin core status - Index is not "Current"

Hi there

  I am using solrcloud (4.3). I am trying to get the status of a core from
solr using (localhost:8000/solr/admin/cores?action=STATUS&core=<core>) and
i get the following output

<int name="numDocs">100</int>
<int name="maxDoc">102</int>
<int name="deletedDocs">2</int>
<long name="version">20527</long>
<int name="segmentCount">20</int>
*<bool name="current">false</bool>*

What does current mean? A few of the cores are optimized (with segment
count 1) and show current = "true" and rest show current as false.

If i have to make the core as current, what should i do? Is it a big alarm
if the value is false?

--
Best

Re: Solr Admin core status - Index is not "Current"

Posted by Chris W <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Shawn.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Chris W <ch...@gmail.com>.
Any help on this is much appreciated. I cannot find any documentation
around this and would be good to understand what this means

Thanks

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Chris W <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there
>
>   I am using solrcloud (4.3). I am trying to get the status of a core from
> solr using (localhost:8000/solr/admin/cores?action=STATUS&core=<core>) and
> i get the following output
>
> <int name="numDocs">100</int>
> <int name="maxDoc">102</int>
> <int name="deletedDocs">2</int>
> <long name="version">20527</long>
> <int name="segmentCount">20</int>
> *<bool name="current">false</bool>*
>
> What does current mean? A few of the cores are optimized (with segment
> count 1) and show current = "true" and rest show current as false.
>
> If i have to make the core as current, what should i do? Is it a big alarm
> if the value is false?
>
> --
> Best

Best