Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2007/07/20 21:54:53 UTC

[axis2] Re: switch from Callback/AxisCallback (with problems)

Hi Michele:

Michele Mazzucco wrote:
> it looks to me that the callback API has changed a lot :(.

Yes, based on a couple of mailing list threads a while back.  The new
interface is intended to be cleaner, richer, and more flexible.

> How can I  manage the scenario when the same callback is used to receive
> several responses?, how do I know when all messages have been received?

If you're talking about a custom MEP like OUT-IN-IN, for each in message
you will receive an onMessage(msgContext) event.  Then at the completion
of the MEP (as determined by the OperationClient, as per usual) you will
receive an onComplete() event.

> Furthermore, even if I don't want to switch from Callback to
> AxisCallback, the setComplete() method is now final, which seems to
> prevent me to use the same callback instance to receive/process multiple

setComplete() is final because it must call notify() to wake up any
threads blocked on this object (this change was made before deprecating
the class).

I'm not sure what you're getting at here exactly... can you explain your
use-case in more detail?  If there's something we're missing we'll fix
it, but I don't yet understand what you're trying to do.

Thanks,
--Glen

Re: [axis2] Re: switch from Callback/AxisCallback (with problems)

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.
Glen,

I use the same callback object to receive multiple (unrelated)
overriding it it was simple to find out when all responses had been
received.

Michele