Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org> on 2017/01/27 00:26:40 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] New committers, January 2017 edition!

Please join me and the rest of Beam PMC in welcoming the following
contributors as our newest committers. They have significantly contributed
to the project in different ways, and we look forward to many more
contributions in the future.

* Stas Levin
Stas has contributed across the breadth of the project, from the Spark
runner to the core pieces and Java SDK. Looking at code contributions
alone, he authored 43 commits and reported 25 issues. Stas is very active
on the mailing lists too, contributing to good discussions and proposing
improvements to the Beam model.

* Ahmet Altay
Ahmet is a major contributor to the Python SDK, both in terms of design and
code contribution. Looking at code contributions alone, he authored 98
commits and reviewed dozens of pull requests. With Python SDK’s imminent
merge to the master branch, Ahmet contributed towards establishing a new
major component in Beam.

* Pei He
Pei has been contributing to Beam since its inception, accumulating a total
of 118 commits since February. He has made several major contributions,
most recently by redesigning IOChannelFactory / FileSystem APIs (in
progress), which would extend Beam’s portability to many additional file
systems and cloud providers.

Congratulations to all three! Welcome!

Davor

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New committers, January 2017 edition!

Posted by Aviem Zur <av...@gmail.com>.
Congrats!

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
Congrats!

Posted by María García Herrero <ma...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Sourabh Bajaj <so...@google.com.INVALID>.
Congrats!!

Posted by Jason Kuster <ja...@google.com.INVALID>.
Congrats all! Very exciting. :)

--
-------

Posted by Jesse Anderson <je...@smokinghand.com>.
Welcome!

Posted by Pei He <pe...@google.com.INVALID>.
Thanks all! And, I am very exited to join and look forward.

Posted by Thomas Groh <tg...@google.com.INVALID>.
Congratulations all!

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@apache.org>.
Congrats all !! :)