Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by John Utz <ut...@singingfish.com> on 2002/02/08 01:09:55 UTC

t/Schema FAILS Re: Experimental 1.6.0 release

me again! :-)

i just remembered to run make test. :-)

the Schema Test bombs because it cant find the infamous personal.xsd:

t/Schema............ok 2/3WARNING:
FILE:
LINE:    0
COLUMN:  0
MESSAGE: An exception occured! Type:RuntimeException, Message:Warning: The
primary document entity could not be opened. Id=personal.xsd

OTOH, personal.xsd is going to need to be in a certain place, but i dont
know where, any guesses?

tnx!

johnu

Re: t/Schema FAILS Re: Experimental 1.6.0 release

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"John Utz" <ut...@singingfish.com> writes:

> hacking the explicit path to the schema into personal-schema.xml solved
> the problem. that's not surprising, it's a pretty typical problem and a
> pretty typical hack. having this show up in Xerces-P is actually
> *reassuring* :-)
>
> it might be appropriate to alter Schema.t to resolve the location of the
> .xsd file instead of hacking the instance file because that way we avoid
> making the instance file look different than the one shipped with the
> other Xercen? Xercii? ( speak up all you latin speakers! :-) ).

I'm not sure why it's failing in your case. There's actually a bit of
code in t/TestUtils.pm that is supposed to resolve the file path. In
any case, I've decided to just switch to an entity resolver that
supplies the files.

Posted by John Utz <ut...@singingfish.com>.