Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by ja...@jpmorgan.com on 2006/06/14 22:42:22 UTC

MNG-2369: Generic 3rd Pary DotNet Libraries not appropriately handled

I am actively using the maven csharp plugins in the maven plugin sandbox.
Of the bugs I have reported (MNG-2367, MNG-2369, MNG-2370, MNG-2371) by
far the most painful for me is "MNG-2369: Generic 3rd Pary DotNet
Libraries not appropriately handled" found in JIRA at:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2369.

I hope to have time to tackle this problem in a week or two, and would
appreciate any feedback you can give regarding my proposed solution.  Any
pointed feedback on the following will be particularly useful:

1) Which class/plugins will be affected (I have an idea, but probably
missing a few)
2) Which pre-compile phase is best for my artifact pre-processing?
3) Whether a custom lifecycle should be used. (It seems I should really do
the artifact pre-processing between the process-resources and compile
phase of the default lifecycle)
4) The best choice for placing the pre-processed artifacts.  (Should this
be another directory alongside ${user.home}/m2/repo whose location is
governed by the settings.xml file?)

If convenient please attach your feedback as a comment on the JIRA issue.

Thank you for your time and effort spent reading and replying to this
email.

Sincerely,
James Carpenter
email: james.le.carpenter@jpmorgan.com

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices,
data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates.