Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Nithiyanandam BALASUBRAMANIYAN (Oneberry)" <ni...@oneberry.com> on 2023/11/07 01:21:55 UTC

Vulnerabilities Patches

Hi ,

I am using Tomcat Apache Version 8.5.94 in Windows server 2012. Recently received following vulnerabilities alert to fix :

  1.  Request smuggling CVE-2023-45648<http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2023-45648>
  2.  Denial of Service CVE-2023-44487<http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2023-44487>
  3.  Denial of Service CVE-2023-42794<http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2023-42794>
  4.   Information Disclosure CVE-2023-42795<http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2023-42795>

Can help to let me know the steps how to fix these vulnerabilities for my current version in windows.

Thanks

?Best regards,

Nithi,
Head Ops, Commercial and Industrial,
Product Management and SW apps
Mobile:92487954

Oneberry Technologies Pte Ltd
Web: www.oneberry.com<http://www.oneberry.com/>
Tel: (65) 6692 6760 | Fax: (65) 6280 2921
Address: One Pemimpin, 1 Pemimpin Drive, #08-03, Singapore 576151
[cid:image001.png@01DA115B.DA13D580]<http://www.oneberry.com/>

Re: Vulnerabilities Patches

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Nithiyanandam,

On 11/8/23 22:06, Nithiyanandam BALASUBRAMANIYAN (Oneberry) wrote:
> I want to upgrade form 8.5.94 to 8.5.95. is it the easiest way to
> upgrade ? like I seen the jar file copy from old version to new
> version. Sorry I am new to apache

I would highly recommend against simply copying "the JARs". You may
sometimes be able to get away with that, but it's best to leave Tomcat's
installation directory untouched to make sure you have all the resources
Tomcat is expecting to find there.

-chris

Posted by "Nithiyanandam BALASUBRAMANIYAN (Oneberry)" <ni...@oneberry.com>.
Thank for the reply,

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
All,

Posted by "James H. H. Lampert" <ja...@touchtonecorp.com.INVALID>.

--
JHHL

Re: Vulnerabilities Patches

Posted by Chuck Caldarale <n8...@gmail.com>.

> On Nov 6, 2023, at 19:27, Nithiyanandam BALASUBRAMANIYAN (Oneberry) <ni...@oneberry.com> wrote:
>
> May I know how to apply to windows as my system is no internet allowed. Thanks

If you’re running 8.5.94, those four CVEs are already fixed in that version.

  - Chuck

Posted by "Nithiyanandam BALASUBRAMANIYAN (Oneberry)" <ni...@oneberry.com>.
Hi Even,

Thanks for the reply.