Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jim O'Callaghan <jc...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2011/04/11 23:22:34 UTC

Debugging variables

Can anyone in the know advise on the JREs that best suit Tap 5.2.4 for
debugging?  I’m using jdk1.6.0_21_x64 and finding a lot of things I try to
put watches on or inspect using Eclipse (3.4.1) resolve to null, and I have
to log them to get the true value – thanks.

Regards,
Jim.

Re: Debugging variables

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.
This issue is described here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1208

The trouble isn't with your JRE but with how tapestry rewrites your
page class so that object pooling is no longer needed. It looks like
upgrading to 5.2.5 should give you a better debugging experience.
Josh

RE: Debugging variables

Posted by Jim O'Callaghan <jc...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thiago, Josh,

Thanks for the replies.  I’ll push through on 5.3-SNAPSHOT when I have time for maven shenanigans(!)

Regards,
Jim.

Re: Debugging variables

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:22:34 -0300, Jim O'Callaghan
<jc...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Can anyone in the know advise on the JREs that best suit Tap 5.2.4 for
> debugging?  I’m using jdk1.6.0_21_x64 and finding a lot of things I try
> to put watches on or inspect using Eclipse (3.4.1) resolve to null, and
> I have to log them to get the true value – thanks.

Use Tapestry 5.3-SNAPSHOT. It updates components and pages fields when not
in production mode, something that 5.2 doesn't.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor