Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/09 14:44:39 UTC

Fwd: TerraTheme json file

Hi Greg,

>>> Really think this should get a demo, I'm sure lots of design hobbyist would love to create themes for Pivot.
>>
>> I agree completely with you, and this was one of my objectives for
>> enabling this feature ... i hope we can have time for the 1.4 release
>> to write something on this feature in one of out tutorials.
>
>I don't think there's enough here to justify a tutorial, but a demo would be effective and easy to write. We won't be releasing 1.4 for a while yet, so you have plenty of time to write one.
Ok, but an interesting example for this is one that containg many (if
not all) Pivot widgets, so what better than "Kitchen Sink" ?

So, instead of a full new example, I think only some text explaining
this feature (maybe inside one of existing pages, we have to choose)
could be enough.
For our users I think this is an interesting feature to show, because
gives them the ability to stylize/branding a little their
applications, in a limited (only colors) but simple way. Like
customizing only a little a css file for a web site.

But if wanted, i could try to make it for the 1.4 ...

Bye,
Sandro