Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ian Hunter <ih...@hunterweb.net> on 2003/04/11 17:42:26 UTC

[OT] why isn't my working?

I'm using jsp:include to include content from another site, and instead of
getting said content, I'm getting a blank page.  "View Source" in IE shows
NOTHING.  What gives?

My include is this:

<jsp:include page="http://www.yahoo.com"/>

Shouldn't this work?

Re: [OT] why isn't my working?

Posted by Ian Hunter <ih...@hunterweb.net>.
Thanks, you kick butt.

>   The relative URL looks like a pathname-it cannot contain a protocol
name, port number, or domain name. The URL can be
> absolute or relative to the current JSP file. If it is absolute (beginning
with a /), the pathname is resolved by your

href="http://struts.sourceforge.net/struts-atlanta/taglibdoc/" />

Re: [OT] why isn't my working?

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
>From JSP spec :

page="{relativeURL | <%= expression %>}"

  The relative URL that locates the file to be included, or an expression that evaluates to a String equivalent to the
relative URL.

  The relative URL looks like a pathname-it cannot contain a protocol name, port number, or domain name. The URL can be
absolute or relative to the current JSP file. If it is absolute (beginning with a /), the pathname is resolved by your
Web or application server.

You cannot include content from another site this way. Use
<bean:include href="http://struts.sourceforge.net/struts-atlanta/taglibdoc/" />

Nico.

RE: [OT] why isn't my working?

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
The JSP1.2 spec says the URL has to relative:

<snip>
A <jsp:include .../> element provides for the inclusion of static and
dynamic
resources in the same context as the current page. See Table JSP.2-1 for a
summary
of include facilities.
Inclusion is into the current value of out. The resource is specified using
relativeURLspec that is interpreted in the context of the web server (i.e.
it is
mapped).
</snip>

You could include a page that uses meta-refresh to get the resource. Kind of
a hack...

robert