Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org> on 2013/06/20 02:46:06 UTC

Some commands didn't show up in the marvin test API

Hi,

I just found out that some commands (e.g. AddBaremetalHostCmd,
AddBaremetalKickStartPxeCmd) didn't show in the marvin's
API(tools/marvin/marvin/cloudstackAPI), make it hard for me to write marvin
test case for them.

The baremetal function is disabled for master but these commands are still
there in master, so they should show up for marvin.

Any ideas?

--Sheng

Re: Some commands didn't show up in the marvin test API

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 05:46:06PM -0700, Sheng Yang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just found out that some commands (e.g. AddBaremetalHostCmd,
> AddBaremetalKickStartPxeCmd) didn't show in the marvin's
> API(tools/marvin/marvin/cloudstackAPI), make it hard for me to write marvin
> test case for them.
>
> The baremetal function is disabled for master but these commands are still
> there in master, so they should show up for marvin.
>
> Any ideas?

The marvin build is done using the OSS profile on which these commands
are disabled. If you use the nonoss profile then you can do:

$ mvn -Dnonoss clean install (this should build apidocs commands.xml
using nonoss APIs)

Then marvin will have the APIs from nonoss in it.

OR

You can do a sync using -Dmarvin.sync as

$ sudo mvn -Pdeveloper,marvin.sync -Dendpoint=localhost -pl :cloud-marvin

against a running mgmt server where all your APIs are exposed in
listApis call from ApiDiscovery service. This requires pip to be
installed on your machine.

--
Prasanna.,