Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "Mark W." <we...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/25 16:49:38 UTC

Re: Enterprise Extensions Draft

Thanks James! This is a great start.

I've created a wiki page where we can outline our scenarios and
interop. It's a shell now, but I did add your extensions. I'd like to
ask the folks that attended the enterprise os meetup (as well any one
else who wants to jump in) to add their ideas for scenarios. I'd like
to get us together for  brief call late next week so we can hammer out
some logistics and scenario details.
http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Enterprise_OpenSocial_Interop_Fest_2010#Scenarios

I also posted a quick note out on the shindig list on where we want to
put our interop code. Right now, I'm thinking that any new gadgets
should go under the content folder, e.g.
    shindig --> content --> sampleGadgets
These should be fairly generic and simply work across all OS
containers. Some of the we have now, e.g. ActivityStreams, etc...

We'll also need to each bring our own gadgets. These we'll detail on
the wiki this week. It might be interesting if, as we go along, the
endpoints were made available so we can try them as we go.

I'm also going to propose that we create an end-to-end directory so
that it does not have to be contained in the core shindig build.
     shindig --> mashupExample

I'm thinking in here, we can demonstrate a more complete example of
how to use the various technologies that are in shindig. We may need
to structure this as we go. For example, we may need a separate
project that is the service implementation so we can show how data-
pipeling works. Ditto on lifecycle events.

Please post your thoughts when you get a moment....

Thanks,

-Mark W.