Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Edelstein, David" <De...@AKF-ENG.com> on 2007/05/11 20:30:02 UTC

Log files when running Tomcat 5.5 as a service in Windows 2000 Server.

I've had Tomcat 5.5 running as a service in Windows 2000 with the 'Log
on as:' set to 'Local System account' under properties in the Apache
Tomcat service.

However, we had to change this to 'Log On' as administrator so that
Tomcat can access network resources, etc. This is all configured in the
'Log On' tab of the service in the services menu of 'administrator
tools' of 'control panel'.

Since doing this I can not find the log files anywhere, nothing is being
generated under Tomcat 5.5/logs in the local directory 'c:/'

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-David Edelstein

RE: Log files when running Tomcat 5.5 as a service in Windows 2000 Server.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Edelstein, David [mailto:Dedelstein@AKF-ENG.com]
> Subject: Log files when running Tomcat 5.5 as a service in
> Windows 2000 Server.
>
> Since doing this I can not find the log files anywhere,
> nothing is being generated under Tomcat 5.5/logs in the
> local directory 'c:/'

Just a guess, with no data to back it up:

Browse through the "C:\Documents and Settings" subdirectory for the
admin userid that Tomcat is now running with.  These files and
directories may be marked as system and/or hidden, so be sure whatever
tool you're using is set to display those.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.