Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Chuck Murcko <ch...@n2k.com> on 1997/01/28 15:13:28 UTC

Re: [BUG]: "waiting 4 proxy auto configuration file" on SunOS 4.x (fwd)

OK, then I will relay this to the other Apache developers. We're using .pac
files here with 3.01 Netscape and Apache without a problem (except for NNTP).

If you make the MIME type in the Apache mime.types

application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig	pac

does this help for Netscape 2.x?

Maciej Kozinski liltingly intones:

> Chuck Murcko wrote:
> >
> > Um, this is a Netscape problem. Loading of .pac files has nothing to do with
> > your Apache proxy, which is not configured in your setup.
> >
> > Netscape also fails to properly setup NNTP proxying from .pac files, in all
> > versions.
>
> Yup... I was nearly sure about it but my boss convinced me that some
> time ago it worked fine. I've associated it with apache's upgrade from
> 1.1->1.2b1. I was right. After returning to 1.1 it works fine again...

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Don't steal; thou'lt never thus compete successfully in business.
Cheat.
		-- Ambrose Bierce