Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by burtonator <bu...@relativity.yi.org> on 2001/07/27 01:05:58 UTC

Is the X03 Jahia using Jetspeed?

Re: Is the X03 Jahia using Jetspeed?

Posted by burtonator <bu...@relativity.yi.org>.

Re: Is the X03 Jahia using Jetspeed?

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@xo3.com>.
Hi all,

I don't want to barge in here so I'm going to try to keep this as buzz free
as possible :)

Anyway, to answer Kevin's question, we are no longer packaging Jetspeed in
our Jahia product. Following the autumn ApacheCon, we went back home strong
of all the discussions about the orientation of the products, and we had to
make a few strategic changes to our product line. This is why we developped
a new product that is a mix of a web application portal, a site management
system and a light content management system.

For those of you that are interested, you might want to try the "Switch
mode" button which should enable you to interact with the CMS. You will
also find some documentation in the installation directory (in PDF format)
that should cover basic needs.

As for the Jetspeed project, we are still following the development, but
sadly our investors no longer agreed with a purely open source business
plan. I am sure that most of you can understand this given the current
market conditions :) Please rest assured that we still believe concensus
should be reached on portal technologies and that we think this will happen
through an open source body such as the ASF, the W3C or others.

Finally, concerning the portletsapi.org domain that is mostly remainders of
the previous orientation. We are working closely with Sun to see if they
want to do some leverage in this direction, but this takes forever with them :)

Best greetings,
         Serge Huber
         shuber@xo3.com

Posted by burtonator <bu...@relativity.yi.org>.

RE: Is the X03 Jahia using Jetspeed?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Have you tried it yet?
I can't figure what the hell its supposed to do for me.
Its installed on one of my machines here: I will leave this up and running
for 1/2 day or so:

http://63.197.229.131:8080/jahia/servlet/Jahia

Login as :

user: root
password: rootroot

It has a nice install - automatically installs everything.
They distribute Catalina with it - but no source code. IMO -- I do not think
its based on Jetspeed.

> Anyway... I also saw their http://portletsapi.org site.
> Don't know what is
> going on there...

Not much. That site hasn't changed a bit since I last visited several months
ago.
Did you see the bit on 'plml' - look familiar?
I greped for 'plml' in the entire distribution - this is all I found:

<PLML>
<PORTLETGROUP id="6">
<PARAMETER name="page_id">5</PARAMETER>
</PORTLETGROUP>
</PLML>

- David

http://freshmeat.net/redir/jahia/7442/url_homepage/
              Tar/GZ: http://freshmeat.net/redir/jahia/7442/url_tgz/

- --
Kevin A. Burton ( burton@apache.org, burton@openprivacy.org,
burtonator@acm.org )
        Cell: 408-910-6145 URL: http://relativity.yi.org ICQ: 73488596

If you play with fire, you might get burned.  If you eliminate fire, you
will
never feel it's warmth and never enjoy it's illumination.