Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by st...@outerthought.org on 2003/05/24 03:00:05 UTC

[WIKI-UPDATE] DebuggingXMLandXSLTransformation JoergHeinicke ModularDatabaseActions Sat May 24 03:00:05 2003

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DebuggingXMLandXSLTransformation , version: 6 on Sat May 24 00:18:38 2003 by JoergHeinicke

- I have to look at the SAXTransformer components, and how introducing a kind of Context for better error handling should work
+ I have to look at the SAXTransformer components, and how introducing a kind of Context for better error handling should work.
?                                                                                                                             +

- * [HTML-Kit|http://www.chami.com/html-kit/] is great app for debugging XML -- you can validate the XML, or check the well-formedness, of your files. Best of all -- it's free. [MichaelTiffany]
?                                                                                                       -                             -

+ * [HTML-Kit|http://www.chami.com/html-kit/] is great app for debugging XML -- you can validate the XML or check the well-formedness of your files. Best of all -- it's free. [MichaelTiffany]
- ----
+ * Try the transformations offline: Shorten your pipeline as much as possible, so that you can still reproduce the error, but you already exclude possible sources of errors. If a transformation fails, save the XML before the transformation to disk (e.g. by adding a <map:serialize type="xml"/> in front of the transformer) and test it with your stylesheet.

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=JoergHeinicke , version: 5 on Sat May 24 00:44:38 2003 by JoergHeinicke

+ Hey, and thanks to [David Crossley] I have been a Cocoon committer since May 2003.
+
+ If you have any questions related to XSLT, Cocoon or something similar, you can ask me on the Cocoon mailing lists or privately: joerg.heinicke<at>gmx.de.
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ModularDatabaseActions , version: 6 on Sat May 24 00:03:27 2003 by AntonioGallardo

- No every column needs a __mode__ element. The actions default module is defined as __request__ in the default installation to obtain the values from request parameters. The implicit name of the parameter is __table_name.column_name__.
+ No every column needs a __mode__ element. The actions default module is defined as __request_param__ in the default installation to obtain the values from request parameters. The implicit name of the parameter is __table_name.column_name__.

+