Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Paul Tanner <pa...@virtual-techno.com> on 2006/01/11 09:39:15 UTC

Axis Installation issue

I have installed Tomcat so it's webapps directory is the document root of
an apache virtual host.

Tomcat delivers JSPs and Servlets OK.

Copied in the Axis binaries.  All seem to be in place.

When I fire up /axis/index.jsp I get this, indicating that something is
missing.  Not sure how to find out what though.  Any suggestions?

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Can't find bundle for base name i18n,
locale en_GB
         org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:372)
         org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
         org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)

root cause
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name i18n,
locale en_GB
         java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:804)
         java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:694)
         java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:538)
         org.apache.jsp.axis.index_jsp.getRB(index_jsp.java:72)
         org.apache.jsp.axis.index_jsp.getMessage(index_jsp.java:168)
         org.apache.jsp.axis.index_jsp.getMessage(index_jsp.java:106)
         org.apache.jsp.axis.index_jsp.getLocaleChoice(index_jsp.java:82)
         org.apache.jsp.axis.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:312)
         org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
         org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324)
         org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
         org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.0.28 logs.

BTW.  I loaded all the jars mentioned in the Axis install doc. I also
checked that i18n.properties is in /axis/WEB-INF/classes

Thx for any suggestions.  Paul