Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/12/01 14:25:04 UTC

Re: bored with *talks* about docs (was: New documentation project?)

Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Tim.Holloway@EverBank.com wrote:
>
>> OK, I'll sing a chorus. As it happens, I spent the weekend
>> constructing documentation on the Cocoon Portal, trying to fill in
>> some holes and allow for people who aren't familiar with Cocoon and
>> the pipeline paths specific to the Portal. Still a ways to go, but
>> it's been a good start. I'll be glad to publish it once it's
>> reasonably fit for human consumption. I don't yet know whether it
>> would fit into the wiki, be suitable for inclusion in the mainstream
>> docs, become a "howto" or even end up in dead tree form. All I can
>> hope is that is proves useful. Since several people I'm working with
>> are going to be depending on it, there is a certain incentive!
>

> Hi Tim,
>
> good to hear somebody starts ...
>
>> I've done this in xdoc form, but I'd appreciate some help with the
>> tools. I can't seem to find an XDOC DTD, so I'm concerned that I may
>> have structural faults. Also, I'd like to find an XSLT to go from
>> xdoc to PDF (FO), if I could.
>
> All the xdoc stuff is maintained in the forrest project now. They also
> have the DTDs:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/branches/FORREST_05_BRANCH/src/resources/schema/dtd/
>
> IIRC Cocoon still uses v10 of the DTDs. For the conversion to HTML or
> PDF Forrest is used too. To test and build the docs yourself you can try
> the instruction at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate.

Yes. Also Cocoon contains the DTDs that it uses
src/webap/WEB-INF/entities/

We have a document at Forrest that helps to configure
your favourite xml editor and/or commandline validation
tools like xmllint to utilise the DTDs and catalog entity
resolver:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/catalog.html

--David