Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joseph Yang <ya...@rewardstream.com> on 2003/06/18 19:07:28 UTC

How to instantiate a DynaActionForm?

Hello,

I have two pages: login.jsp and userProfile.jsp

I defined two DynaActionForm(s) in struts-config.xml: loginForm and
userProfileForm

Now inside loginAction class, after handle the authentication, I want to get
the user profile information from database, then instantiate userProfileForm
and put it into the request. what I did was:

DynaActionForm form = new DynaActionForm();
form.set("firstName", "John");
form.set("lastName", "Doe");
request.setAttribute("userProfileForm", form);

The setters throw Null pointer exception

Please help me out here

Thanks