Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "riki.eng" <ri...@inbox.com> on 2009/02/24 02:42:39 UTC

Configurations and Circular Dependencies

I have a problem with ivy and circular dependencies..
One of  my modules looks like this:

+ module/
    + sm1/
         + build.xml
         + src/
              + main/
              + test/
    + sm2/
         + build.xml
         + src/
              + main/
              + test/
    + ...

Each module produces two artifacts, main and test. The build.xml file
contains both the dependencies for the main and the test artifact, tied to
different configurations. Here are my configurations:

master <- compile <- runtime
test-master <- test-compile <- test-runtime

Here is my problem.
The test artifact for sm1 depends on the main artifact of sm2, which depends
on the main artifact of sm1. Of course the main artifact in sm1 does NOT
depend on the test artifact in sm1.

Basically:

sm1.test-compile -> sm2.compile -> sm1.compile

This is not a circular dependency, but ivy is treating it as such..

Do I need to write a custom circular dependency strategy or ivy is already
supporting this (in which case it looks like there is some error in my
configurations)?

Thanks,

Riccardo