Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org> on 2018/07/09 12:42:37 UTC

Re: Next stable releases

Julian Foad wrote:
> Philip Martin wrote on 2018-06-05:
> > It's time to consider 1.9.8 and 1.10.1.
>
> I can prepare these releases. Please nominate/review/vote on backports.

I plan to roll these releases on Thursday.

- Julian

Re: Next stable releases

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org>.
Julian Foad wrote:
> Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > In the meantime, we can document the authz regression on
> > https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.10#issues [...]
>
> Yes. I can do that now.

http://svn.apache.org/r1835812

- Julian

Re: Next stable releases

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org>.
Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> In the meantime, we can document the authz regression on
> https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.10#issues so it's
> easily visible to those considering to upgrade from 1.9.x to 1.10.1.

Yes. I can do that now.

- Julian

Re: Next stable releases

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Re: Next stable releases

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org>.

[1] http://subversion.a.o.local/docs/community-guide/releasing.html#releasing-not

Re: Next stable releases

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
Julian Foad <ju...@apache.org> writes:

> Julian Foad wrote:
>> Philip Martin wrote on 2018-06-05:
>> > It's time to consider 1.9.8 and 1.10.1.
>>
>> I can prepare these releases. Please nominate/review/vote on backports.
>
> I plan to roll these releases on Thursday.

One of the reasons for 1.10.1 was to fix the authz regression from 1.9:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4741

but a user recently reported another regression:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4762

We don't have a fix for 4762 but I have only just started looking at
it.  I'd like to delay 1.10.1 for a few days to see if it is easy to
fix.  Anyone else who wants to look at it is welcome to do so.

Essentially authz in 1.10 has different behaviour from 1.9 and lots of
people who use it will not be able to upgrade until both issue are fixed
to restore the 1.9 behaiviour.

--
Philip