Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> on 2009/03/15 18:10:19 UTC

core12 dependency on jstl

Hi,

I just recently tried to build myfaces core 1.2 trunk. The maven build
failed because there is a dependency on artifact "jstl:jstl 1.2", which
is not in the standard repos.

Actually, both the api and impl poms just declare a dependency on
jstl:jstl, and the version is controlled from the parent pom (in the
"core/trunk12" dir).

The pom files appear to have had this situation since at least jan 2008,
ie jstl:jstl 2.0 has been needed to build for a long while. I'm a little
puzzled why this hasn't been noticed as a problem before. Maybe we all
typically build with some Sun repos in our maven ~/.m2/settings.xml
files or similar.

The latest version of jstl:jstl in the repo1.maven.org/maven2 repos is
vesion 1.1, and that has a redirect pointing to "javax.servlet:jstl".
The artifact javax.servlet:jstl *is* in the maven repos, and version 1.2
is there.

So is there any reason why we should not update the poms to depend on
javax.servlet:jstl 1.2 instead of jstl:jstl 1.2?

By the way, the JSF1.1 version depends on "javax.servlet:jstl 1.1.0".

Regards,
Simon

Re: core12 dependency on jstl

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1 on use javax.servlet:jstl 1.2 as dependency.

regards

Leonardo Uribe