Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by MG <mg...@arscreat.com> on 2018/06/13 15:33:45 UTC

GraalVM/Truffle ?

Since GraalVM (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GraalVM) was mentioned here
recently: Do we have any statement on plans of Groovy with regards to
GraalVM, including Truffle ? It might be good to have an official
statement here on the main Groovy page and on Wikipedia
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Groovy), even if it e.g., in
essence, just states "Groovy runs/will run fine on GraalVM", "The
Truffle license (GPL 2.0 w CP exception) is not compatible with Apache
Groovy" or "Truffle makes no sense for Groovy (at this point)"...

Cheers,
mg

Re: GraalVM/Truffle ?

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
As it turns out, I haven't tried the indy artifacts/compilation switches as
yet, just the "classic/standard" jars. I'd suspect though that most benefit
would occur if targeting the GraalVM specifically when generating bytecode.

Cheers, Paul.

RE: GraalVM/Truffle ?

Posted by "Winnebeck, Jason" <Ja...@windstream.com>.

Since GraalVM (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GraalVM<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FGraalVM&data=02%7C01%7CJason.Winnebeck%40windstream.com%7Ce67a260963094d72ed7008d5d1d10f35%7C2567b4c1b0ed40f5aee358d7c5f3e2b2%7C1%7C0%7C636645618198046382&sdata=oRUQ9fKzVaQXVOfwFCvleWQIbsWWWh1uIoSuaJCOfaI%3D&reserved=0>) was mentioned here
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Groovy<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FApache_Groovy&data=02%7C01%7CJason.Winnebeck%40windstream.com%7Ce67a260963094d72ed7008d5d1d10f35%7C2567b4c1b0ed40f5aee358d7c5f3e2b2%7C1%7C0%7C636645618198056394&sdata=THXlJXbqPZTA5td46Ore5UcoH9eTVnDkChajzmUCego%3D&reserved=0>), even if it e.g., in

Re: GraalVM/Truffle ?

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.