Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jan Tošovský <j....@tiscali.cz> on 2009/03/31 21:42:27 UTC

SVG rasterized into PDF with CMYK mode

Hello Everybody,

is there any posibility to tell to PDF rasterizer that I need final PDF in
CMYK mode? If there are specified cmyk colors in my SVG document with exact
cmyk values, if converted into PDF and opened Adobe Illustrator, PDF is
considered as RGB document and all stroke colors are redefined. I thing the
same problem will be during print - I'll get something different than
specified. I understand there is problem with raster images, but what about
the vector rest?

Jan

Re: SVG rasterized into PDF with CMYK mode

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
FOP's PDF library has some CMYK capabilities but a short experiment
shows that Batik sends only the RGB color values to the PDF transcoder.
But even if CMYK worked for simple cases, things like filters which are
done inside Batik and painted as bitmaps would only work on RGB level at
the moment. So one way or another, Batik will need some attention if
CMYK should be supported.

On 31.03.2009 21:42:27 Jan Tošovský wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> is there any posibility to tell to PDF rasterizer that I need final PDF in
> CMYK mode? If there are specified cmyk colors in my SVG document with exact
> cmyk values, if converted into PDF and opened Adobe Illustrator, PDF is
> considered as RGB document and all stroke colors are redefined. I thing the
> same problem will be during print - I'll get something different than
> specified. I understand there is problem with raster images, but what about
> the vector rest?
>
> Jan

Jeremias Maerki