Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org> on 2018/03/16 14:23:59 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Flink 1.5 release testing effort

Dear community,

as it probably has gone a little bit unnoticed, I wanted to bring up that
the Flink community is currently preparing the Flink 1.5 release. The
release branch has already been created [1]. Currently, the remaining bugs
are being fixed and the release is being tested. I hope that we can release
in a couple of weeks.

As part of the release testing we want to automate as many tests as
possible. Currently there is an effort to create automated end-to-end tests
[2] which can be executed locally and those which are executed on a cluster
framework [3]. This will not only improve Flink's test coverage but also
facilitate future release work.

The list of end-to-end tests is by no means exhaustive and supposed to be
gradually extended. So if you think that tests are missing, please create a
subtask under the respective umbrella issue.

Since Flink has grown to be a quite complex system with a lot of
integrations with other systems the community appreciates every helping
hand. Especially when it comes to testing connectors you could be
tremendously helpful. The following connectors would benefit particularly
from testing help:

- ElasticSearch connector
- Cassandra connector
- Kinesis connector
- RabbitMQ connector

If possible, it would be great to automate these tests and contribute to
the project. Thanks a lot!

[1]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/release-1.5

Cheers,